A free one hour webinar providing training and support for occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and other healthcare professionals working with Plus Size clients.
Plus Size individuals require personalised assessment and in the majority of cases customised equipment. The key to effective bariatric equipment provision is effective assessments that enable harm free care.
- Experienced guest speaker: Special guest speaker Anita Rush (Plus Size patient specialist, MSc (Health Ergonomics) Dip Health Care Studies RGN, and Clinical Lead Nurse Specialist Equipment at NHS West Berkshire CCG) will be joining us live on the day.
- Learn how to specify bariatric equipment: Learn tips and tricks on how to measure for Plus Size Seating, and what to be aware of when specifying equipment for plus-size individuals.
- Live demonstration: See Lento Bariatric Rise & Recline, the world’s first fully adjustable size riser recliner chair for plus-size people, for yourself.
Topics Covered & Learning Objectives:
- An understanding of the Morphology (body shapes) and their association to equipment provision
- A look at how equipment mis-match has the potential to cause harm to both care givers and individuals, including tissue damage
- Tips and tricks on how to measure for Plus Size Seating
- A look at how much circulation space within the environment is required, and how it is essential for safe practice
- A LIVE demonstration of the world’s first fully-adjustable bariatric rise & recline chair
- Live Q&A.