This is a free webinar providing training and support for occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and other healthcare professionals working with elderly clients.
Webinar Date: Tuesday the 27th February 2024
Webinar Start Time: 13:30 GMT
Please register even if you cannot attend live. The session will be recorded and sent out to all registered attendees.
Complex Care Issues Addressed:
- Learn about the risks and health conditions that elderly people often live with, that should be looked for and considered when carrying out a seating assessment,
- Discover how to support your elderly clients with proper postural solutions, correct positioning, effective pressure relief, and more.
- Learn about the different chair types and functions that you can offer to your elderly clients for better care and enhanced lives, with a live demonstration on screen.
- Discuss funding avenues/streams you can utilise to purchase new seating.
- Live Q&A
Hosted by Vivid Care with a special guest speakers:
- Rachel Cleary, a private associate OT skilled in assessing for specialist seating, equipment, adaptation, and wheelchairs. Rachel has experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, prevention, interventions, acquired brain injury, and one on one.
- Ben Stirling, Lead Seating Assessor and Community Care Expert at Vivid Care.
Part Of Our 2024 Training Course: Mastering Seating Assessments
This is episode 1 of our new 2024 Training Course: Mastering Seating Assessments.
We are extremely proud and excited to announce a brand new training course for occupational therapists, physiotherapists, carers, and healthcare professionals. We will be joined by many different subject matter experts from across the industry, who will bring years of experience, training, and knowledge that will help you to improve the outcomes of the patients or people you are looking after.
Consisting of 10 Episodes:
Seating Assessments for:
- Geriatric and elderly people – Registration opening soon, keep an eye on this page!
- Paediatric patients
- People with Dementia
- People with Huntington’s Disease
- Bariatric patients
- People with Multiple Sclerosis
- People with Neuromuscular disorders
- People with Parkinson’s Disease
- Bonus: All about posture
- Bonus: All about pressure care
Sign up for our event announcements and update emails here: subscribe here.