A free webinar providing training and support for occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and other healthcare professionals who move and assist patients or who support staff (and formal and informal carers) to carry out moving and handling tasks.
Why watch back?
- Inspiring and experienced guest speaker: The session will be presented by Simon Love, Chairman and Advanced Member of the National Back Exchange, Chartered Physiotherapist and Moving and Handling Practitioner.
- Get the latest up-to-date manual handling advice: The presentation will be updated with the latest evidence from sessions at the National Back Exchange conference in late September 2021.
- Improve your own manual handling techniques, as well as formal and informal carers you support: Increase your knowledge and competence in manual handling of patients, which will in turn help you to help others.
Topics Covered & Learning Objectives:
- A look at the current research into the management of back pain
- An understanding of the dangers of giving the wrong messages and the potential consequences for carers
- The responsibilities for health care professionals to use evidence to influence practice
- Some positive messages to help carers to maintain their health and to work smartly and efficiently
- Live Q&A.