Working smartly and efficiently when manual handling: Applying basic principles to healthcare activities so you are effective and efficient.
Following the success and brilliant feedback from our last webinar with Simon Love, we were pleased to host another manual handling webinar with Simon!
This free 1 hour webinar provided training and support for occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and other healthcare professionals who move and assist patients or who support staff (and formal and informal carers) to carry out moving and handling tasks.
Why watch back?
- Experienced guest speaker: The session was presented by Simon Love, Chairman and Advanced Member of the National Back Exchange, Chartered Physiotherapist and Moving and Handling Practitioner.
- Essential learning for anyone involved in the care sector: Learn tips and tricks for manual handling. It’s a must-watch video for anyone who moves and assists patients, or who supports staff (and formal and informal carers) to carry out moving and handling tasks.
- Timeless manual handling principles: Simon covered some simple but extremely effective principles to follow when dealing with any manual handling scenario. These tips are timeless and work every time, regardless of the application.
Topics Covered & Learning Objectives:
- Be able to list the basic principles of moving and handling
- Have an experiential knowledge of how to reduce muscle work and effort during activities
- Apply principles to manual handling tasks and activities to make them more comfortable for the person and effective for the therapist or carer
- Live Q&A.