A free training webinar to support occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and other healthcare professionals in specifying seating solutions that meet clients’ care needs and help them reach their goals.
Why watch back?
- Speaker: Session delivered by Ben Stirling, a trained Specialist Seating Assessor.
- Live demonstration: Learn how to take accurate measurements and size a chair to get the perfect fit for your client.
Topics Covered & Learning Objectives:
- Understanding the risk factors associated with inadequate seating for older people and people with disabilities.
- The hierarchy of provision for specialist seating – when is intervention needed?
- Best practices and advice for carrying out seat sizing assessments. Includes a live demonstration on how to properly size a care chair!
- Why is a holistic approach to specifying seating important?
- Tips for tailoring specifications to individual clients.
- Beyond postural management & pressure care – the overall impact of seating on health and quality of life.
- Benefits of using adjustable chairs to achieve clients’ short and long-term goals.
- Live Q&A.