This free webinar provided training and support for occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and other healthcare professionals working with clients living with Parkinson’s Disease.
Our specialist guest speaker Dr Laura Daunt attended live to provide insight into the affects of Parkinson’s disease, whilst explaining how you can help those with Parkinson’s or caring for clients with the disease.
Why watch back?
- Experienced guest speaker: The session was presented by special guest speaker Dr Laura Daunt, Consultant in Health Care of the Older Person at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Learn about common symptoms and medication side-effects: Find out more about the condition, common impairments, and the impact on activity and participation.
- Discover hints and tips: Throughout the webinar, Dr Daunt provided a whole host of ideas and tips based on her experience, to help diagnose and minimise the symptoms of the disease.
Topics Covered & Learning Objectives:
- What is Parkinson’s disease and what are the symptoms
- Jargon busting terminology
- Understanding medical treatments and side effects
- Common impairments and impact on activity and participation
- Falls optimisation
- The impact of dementia and neuropsychiatric symptoms